Sunday, October 21, 2007

gettin there

all that's left is a few touchups...

Saturday, October 20, 2007


Liberate is almost done. Here it is so far. Now it's time for the second mask and final color, black.

Thursday, October 18, 2007


Here's the work in progress. I've started removing the first mask so you can see how it looks. I've got to wait a bit for the red to dry then I can start the second mask to finish the red and add the black. So far so good.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007


I'm about to start painting but I wanted to post a couple more pictures of Liberate in progress. The first picture shows the image transferred after making the stencil. The next shows the application of masking tape. I'm going to start with the yellow paint and a little of the red. Once those dry I'll remask in the negative to finish the red and all the black areas.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New Painting

It's been a while since I've worked on Propadhamma so I've started a new painting. This one is Liberate. I haven't changed the process much other than priming the panel with white primer this time instead of grey. I learned my lesson there. The basic process is: Create template, prime panel, transfer design, mask areas, and paint. The end result should look almost exact. The picture above is what I've done so far.